Sunday, January 18, 2009

I had a great time Saturday at my party, getting to see friends and sharing about my love for Honduras and the kids that I spend time with each day. I loved having that time to fellowship with friends before I return home to Honduras. It is funny how easy it is for me to say that now, “home to Honduras” and truly feel it in my heart.

During the days around Christmas I was thinking about the amount of time left before I needed to return to Honduras. At that time I was wondering am I really going to be ready to go back. Then as the holiday festivities had ended and the New Year celebration was over I realized I am ready to go home.

It is like having your heart divided between two worlds. My heart, my purpose for this time, is in Honduras. But my family, those whom I love so much are in the U.S. It is hard even for me to understand how I can be away from them.

Today was my last time to be at church before I go home. It was hard to say goodbye to some friends. One sweet friend Marjo, gave me a hug and I just broke into tears. I just love my friends so much and I hate saying goodbye and being separated from them, but at the same time the love and friendship and relationships that I gain in Honduras are such a blessing!

When I return to Honduras I will be going back to the NEW Ruach. Although I have been away during the construction and move I have gotten to see the progress thanks to the pictures Henry has been posting on Facebook.

The old Ruach has been disassembled and the construction is complete at the new location. The school has been moved and the interior will be painted and decorated this week. I am so excited we will be in the location with more space, bigger rooms, and a much larger Learning Center. We will even have grass for the kids to play futbol (soccer) rather than playing on concrete! And I will have a door on my classroom! (last year I did not have a door on my 2nd grade classroom)



The empty space is where the Learning Center used to be! It's gone! Well the old one is gone...but we have a new Learning Center

The NEW Learning Center! The new location is so much bigger, we have more classrooms, bigger classrooms and a much larger Learning Center. The Learning Center is where we have class for the grades 3rd through 11th - all together....that's a lot of kids and we now have room that we can add to the number of kids accepted!

I have been talking with some of the teachers this week about the new school and getting ready for the kids. We even had one of our students who showed up for school the first week of January, looking for vacation school. It’s funny when our kids really want to come to school!

Please be praying for the registration to increase! Now is when we are really needing and expecting the families to come and register kids. Many took advantage of the discounts offered for early registration. With the new location we can have many more children, and we are praying for those kids to come!

No comments: