Winding Down....
My days here are winding down. I have 9 more days before I return to Texas for vacation. A lot of mixed feelings. I am excited to be going to Texas...to see my family....get away from the mosquitos that have invaded my house...go to Walmart...drive in a straight line without dodging dogs, children, people on bicycles, people with wheelbarrows full of wood, or bananas, or pineapples, and at the same time trying to miss the potholes.....
But, I am already thinking about not being at the school every day. Not seeing my kids every day! Although I have already had to say good-bye to my 2nd graders, there are still the kids who are behind in their Paces that we are trying to get caught up. There are so many kids who I will miss during this time away...
I had two second graders who were finishing up their Paces this week. My last one finished today and went home this morning. I was struggling with him yesterday. He got to the end of his Pace and was ready for his Self-Test...but he wouldn't take it. He finally told us that he didn't want to finish his Pace because once he was done I wouldn't be his teacher any more. Well he cried, and I cried and Patty cried. He did finally finish today and took his test. But it took a lot of talking and hugging and encouragement...and then I bribed him with stickers and a little spider man car. The bribary worked!
I have one more week at the school next week helping in the Learning Center with the ones who are working to finish their year, and then the following Monday, November 24, I will be flying to Texas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can hardly wait for you to be in Texas!!!
Post a Comment