Monday was a successful trip for me. I drove to Tegucigalpa, drove around the city, which is an adventure all its own! Just drive, don't worry about lanes, or taking turns, or getting in line, and if you are not aggressive they will ignore that you are on the road. Yep, I was ignored several times. But we made it!
And to top it off, I also got my residency card! Not sure which was more exciting - overcoming that first time of driving - or getting my residency card. The card was a pretty big deal....and I only had to pay an additional 200 limperas that day.
Unfortunately, Paula's experience in immigration was not successful for she and Faith. As is common here, you are told one thing and when you return with that piece of missing information they decide that there is something else needed. So was the case with Paula on Monday.
Although her trip to immigration didn't go as she had hoped, I am so glad that she came with us. It was fun having my first driving experience shared with good friends!
We did make it to Chili's for lunch. We enjoyed chips and salsa - Chili's chips are the all time best! Annette and I were ready for the chicken crispers....although the batter was different this time and they weren't so crisper....but I got my bowl of honey mustard for dipping - Oh I love that stuff! I think I could drink it. Alyshia had a pita sandwhich that looked bigger than her head - it looked very good. And Paula and Faith shared a plate of chipotle chicken crispers.
Now you may think "is your lunch really news worthy?" Oh yes it is! Come live in a foreign country for a year and miss some of your favorite foods and restaurants, yep it is newsworthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YES! It is news worthy! You handled the trip great. You handled well all of the "worst" things you can experience there....bad directions from us, uturns, blind turning, crazy drivers, bad traffic, etc.
We love you,
Paula
Post a Comment