A Dark Drive Home
Saturday I drove us to Seguatapeque to see Mark & Paula at the boys home. This was my second time to make the drive. We didnt' have any trouble getting there, and had a nice little visit with Mark & Paula. We started saying our goodbyes, making bathroom trips and getting ourselves together about 4:30, and we were down off their mountain and onto the "highway" by 5:00....I thought great we would beat the dark. NOT!
The last place I wanted to be in the dark was driving down the curvey road through the mountain.
Annette was so encouraging. I could not have done it without her with me! I was so scared, I could feel my heart beating in my head! It is dark, you can't see two minutes in front of your face, and the road is so curvey at times I couldn't tell where it was going, I tried to stay behind a vehicle, no matter how slow, so I could watch where the road went, they were my guide. At times you could see the white line on the right side, so that you don't drive off the side of the road.
And then my windows are tinted so it is always a shade darker in my car than it is outside. At night time I feel like I am driving with my sunglasses on. I have to get that changed!
I was so happy when we got to the point where you could see Comayagua down in the valley, so I knew we were close to home.
It was very freaky! And I couldn't believe I did it! Tomorrow will be another first for me, I am driving to Teguc. Paula and Faith are coming to Comayagua in the morning, and I will have them, Annette and Alyshia with me, and we will head to Teguc to go to immigration (fun!) and hopefully I will get my Residency Card. Then the plan is to go to Chili's for lunch! OH YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl you are so BRAVE!!! I'm a SO proud of you. You are tearing down mountains, Girlfriend! You go, Gurl!!!
i love you,
marjo
Post a Comment