Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Well my little adventure was postponed today. The kids setting off firecrackers woke me this morning at about 4:00 a.m., and that was when I heard the wind blowing fiercely. I thought great, I wanted it to be a beautiful sunny day for my drive today (it had been dry and sunny for 2 days)...well when I got up this morning it was dark and cloudy, the gray clouds were so low that that tops of the mountains were lost in the clouds.

I felt frustrated, and didn't know what to do. I really wanted to make the trip to Teguc, and to pick up Annette, and just to get that first time out of the way.

It wasn't raining, it wasn't bad weather here in town, just cold, windy, and sky filled with low gray clouds....I didn't want to get into the mountain and run bad weather, not being experienced driving in the mountains here. I got online with Elaine and she said pray about it and go if you have peace about going and stay if you have peace about staying. If I didn't go, Annette could come to Comayagua on the bus that runs daily to and from the AirForce Base.

I prayed about God showing me what I should do, then it suddenly came to me that I wanted to go, but I didnt' feel peace about going, and at that point it was more of an issue of pride, not wanting to say I didn't go because it was cloudy. But being full of pride is not a reason to do something that I feel a pause in my spirit about.

So I knew the right thing to do was to stay in Comayagua today.

I hope I will be able to make the trip soon, but today wasn't the day.

Annette is home now! I stayed at Annette's house again tonight so we could all visit and catch up from the time away! It was fun, and it is good to have my friend back in Honduras.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I am so glad Annette made it home safely. I am sure you had a great time catching up on things. Give her a hug from me!

Stacy Burnett said...

What a great testimony ... very inspiring.