A lot has gone on this week. First there is Moises. I have talked about him before...and most recently his behavior one morning when he put his hands around his neck and then told us he wanted to kill himself.
Well I had another incident with him this week.... I was working with one of my 2nd grade students and I hear this CRASH and I turn and there on the floor is Moises and the score key box is on top of him....here is a picture of the box.
I was shaking all over I was so afraid. I took Moises and Alejandro to the office so Ale could translate for me. I talked to Lisette and she was shocked at his behavior....and by God's timing Moises' mom was there to pick up his grades. She has never come to pick up grades or come for any parent meetings in the past. So she was able to hear the story. However she did not seem to react while I was there. It broke my heart!!
He has not been in a good mood all week. Please remember to pray for him!
Keene accepted Jesus!!!
We have a student, Keene, and he is a hard cookie. He is a trouble maker, lier and thief. He steals kids erasers, money, pencils, etc. He lies just to lie. Sometimes I wonder if he even knows he is doing these things. Well last weekend he stole money from my purse and Miss Patty's purse. 200 limps from Patty and 500 limps from me. He dad found the money on him and went to Patty's house with Keene for the confession time. He cried and cried and said he was so sorry and embarrassed. But it took him until Wed. to come to me and say sorry. He finally came to me and said Miss I am sorry for touching things that do not belong to me. I sat down with him at his desk and talked with him about his behavior of telling lies, and of stealing things. I asked him if he wanted to change,or if he liked being this boy? He said he wanted to change.
I told him that the devil likes it that he does these things, that when he steals the devil is having a party! The devil is so happy because he has his hooks in you Keene and he knows you are doing his work. Maybe one day he will convince you to steal a car. He seemed shock that I would even suggest that he would ever do something like that.
I asked him if he wanted to follow the devil ....he said "no", I said or do you want to follow Jesus , he said "ding! that one" It is hard ot get Keene to be serious about anything.
We talked for a while and I told him that he can pray and ask God to help him to stop doing these things. He said he didn't know how to pray, that his mom usually just prays for him but he has never prayed.
So I told him now was the time in his life that he needed to make a decision. Who would he follow. He told me he wanted to follow Jesus and he wanted to change, so I prayed with him and he accepted Jesus. I cried! He was as sincere as I have ever seen the child be! He had his eyes closed, and he was holding my hands as we prayed together and he repeated what I said without laughing or acting silly! Anyone who knows Keene knows he can't be serious. It isn't in him, but he was serious.
He needs pray as he learns how to
This is a picture of Keene NOT being serious!
No comments:
Post a Comment