I don't know how to spell it, but it is the serious Dengue, the bleeding Dengue. He is one of our 7th grade students. His mom also has it, but she did not have as difficult a time with it. On Monday his brother, Gabriel, told me that his mom and brother both have hemhoragic dengue...I was surprised because he was very calm about. Well Wednesday he was taken to the hospital in Tegucigalpa and during the night Wednesday night his condition was becoming more and more serious. He was retaining a lot of water, was not responding to people...they had to move him to a different hospital in Tegucigalpa which could hand the seriousness of his illness.
Yesterday afternoon we received word that he was doing much better, he was awake and was talking, and was reading the cards and letters that the kids and teachers had sent for him.
I am trying to find out an update on him today, but haven't been able to reach anyone yet who has information about him.
Please continue to pray for Manuel, for him to recover, as well as everyone in his family. His cousin, David, one of our 5th grade students also has Dengue, however he has Classic Dengue, which is what I had last year.
Here is a picture of Manuel cutting the coconuts when we had our cultural day at school a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment