Tomorrow - a new adventure!
Tuesday morning I will be driving to Tegucigalpa to pick up Annette from the airport. Doesn't sound like an adventure, but ....you have to know the trip and you have to know me! The first time I came to Honduras I rode in the car from the airport to Comayagua staring at the floorboard. I was petrified! I had always been afraid of heights, and have never much enjoyed driving or riding through mountains.
However, I have now ridden through the trip dozens of times, to where I am familiar with the road and it is not quite so scarey. But this will be my first time to drive to the city.
I am also going to go to immigration and hopefully get my residency card while I am in Tegucigalpa.
When I first moved here I always said I would never drive to Tegucigalpa, but here I go! It will be a first for me, and while I am a bit nervous, I am also glad that I am taking that step out of my comfort zone! (yes, Jerry - here I go - I know the things I say I will never do! Like going on a cruise - but I still hope I don't ever have to do that!)
Pray for good weather, little traffic, no trouble with slow moving trucks and passing on the road, and not getting lost in the city, and pray for Annette to have smooth traveling and no trouble with stand-by.
I will report back how the trip goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment