We were home from school this week on Monday and Tuesday. It rained off and on all day Monday, and Tuesday it was actually sunny most of the day. I started moving some of my things back to my house, thinking the sun is out, it will dry up the water and the over flow from the river and we can move back to my house.
Well after I moved some things down to the house, I decided to drive by the river...oh my goodness!
I went back and picked up Alyshia from Annette's house and drove over the bridge and onto the highway, which had flooded and stopped traffic most of the day on Sunday. The flooding and how far out it went was amazing. Fields where we had played soccer now looked like a lake!
I decided we would not move back yet, but wait and see ....
So we had school yesterday, and again today, and I thought great things are getting back to normal. But it was announced that there is still so much rain going on in the country and around Comayagua that there is still the potential for flooding. Because we are in the valley, all the rain around is running down to Comayagua and our already saturated ground, and swollen river and flooded fields. So we sent home all the kids this morning and we are not having school tomorrow.
I moved my things back to Annette's, and tried to prepare for any flooding that might occur at the house. Putting things up high, on shelves and not having any wood furniture in the floor.
Here is a picture of the river that is about 1/2 mile from my house, which is the river that overflowed and flooded neighborhoods and the highway. This picture was taken 2 days after the flood. It is still very high, and very wide!
As we drove over the bridge you could see the mud and gunk and grass that was on the road of the bridge and the walls going over the bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment