He is our disco singer. his first song was "Everybody Dance Now" (if you ever went roller skating in the 70's you will recognize all these songs!)....
He doesn't know all of any song, he just knows a chorus or one line...and he sings it over and over and over again! So he sits in his office and sings "Everybody Dance Now" and sometimes he adds a little musical beat to it...but he will say that over and over...and he now has half the Learning Center singing that one line.
Then he had some strange song that he sang that was to the tune of the Jetsons cartoon....and the words he sang were "simson son of simson " over and over and over...
Next he started singing "Stayin Alive" only he doesn't have the words right. Now he is only singing those two words, but he can't get them right...
First he was singing "Steppin Alive Steppin Alive"....I told him it was Stayin not Steppin....
The next day he came in singing "Skippin Alive Skippin Alive"..once again I said Jose Manuel, it is STAYIN ALIVE not SKIPPIN ALIVE....
He just laughs and keeps on singing..."Skippin Alive Skippin Alive"
Last week he started singing "American Woman" that is all he knows of the song...so he sits and sings that over and over and over..
He is a funny kid! But he is very smart! He writes great sentences in English! With some of the kids I dread having to check the sentences they write in their Word Building Pace or the letters or paragraphs they have to write in the English Pace because I know I am going to mark them all up with grammatical errors...but I love to grade Jose Manuel's! He writes great sentences! His written English is fantastic and he is only in the 4th grade! I tell him all the time that he is going to be a writer, we have talked about him either being a journalist or writing novels. He didn't know what a journalist was, but when we talked about it he decided that would be a really cool job to have!
No comments:
Post a Comment