How do you wash your vegetables?
Here was my Sunday afternoon. After going to the grocery store I come home to bleach all my fresh fruits and vegetables. Fill a bowl with clean water (not tap water) and add a cap full of bleach, then add fruits and vegetables. If veggies are dirty, first rinse in a bowl of clean water (again no tap water!) before adding to bleach water. Let sit for a short time…about 20 minutes seems to be good, while you do various other chores…like prepare to wash some delicates on the pila.
Here is a picture of my bowls of fruits and veggies. The upside to all of this is the price. Fresh produce is very inexpensive. Sunday I bought green beans, potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, peaches, nectarines, and guavas. I usually buy potaste (they are a great veggie and only cost 3 limperas each, which is about 6 cents in U.S. dollars).
Gringos love bleach! Gringos hate parasites!
As I am sitting here posting this today...I am thinking WOW I was really bored on Sunday to sit down and write about bleaching my vegetables, and even to take pictures of my bowls of bleached peaches and green beans!
1 comment:
That is so crazy. Doesn't the bleach absorb into the vegetables? Can you taste it?
Stacy
Post a Comment