Friday, September 26, 2008

We have had some difficult days this week at the school....

We have one student who came to Ruach this year after being expelled or asked to leave other schools. Another parent, with a troubled kid, referred this family to Ruach because of the steps we have taken with his son.

This new child, Christopher, has lied, bullied kids out of food, lied to teachers, not done his work correctly in his Paces, not scored properly, and the most recent was he called Miss Alyshia a curse word. It was a day that we were short on teachers. We should have a minimum of 6 teachers in the Learning Center and even then we are stretched thin, this afternoon we only had 3 teachers. Christopher was being punished for hitting another kid with a ruler... then this incident happened. Of course he said it in Spanish and we are not completely competent in Spanish curse words...but later that day several 5th and 6th grade students came to me because they had heard him say this word to Alyshia and they were very upset about him calling her such a bad thing.

Well he has now been suspended for 6 days. We are thankful that he will be punished and that we will have some days of him not being there!

Yesterday morning I was in my 2nd grade classroom and we had done our pledges and we were in our circle and the kids were praying and one of the girls said Miss look at Moises...I turned and looked at him and he had both his hands on his neck and was squeezing tightly, his face was red and there were tears coming out his eyes. I immediately went to him, took his hands from his throat and began to pray over him and commanding the devil to leave him alone and stop telling him lies! His neck was red when I got his hands off of him. He had a bad day the rest of the time on Thursday. He sat under his desk and refused to work. I tried to talk to him and crawled under the desk to sit with him during the morning break. He was just sad and had a heavy look on his face. Today was a much better day for him.


Here is a sweet adorable picture of Moises! In the morning I always ask him "How are you?" If he says "Happy" then I get this happy smiling Moises. If he says "Not happy" then I know I can expect a bad day with him.

No comments: