Letters from
Well the second bag from
I sat in my living room reading the letters from the students to my kids and cried. I was so excited to present them to the children today. I explained to my class that a package had arrived with blessings for us to use in our classroom. I told them that I would have to clean out my drawers and reorganize the room just so that I could make room for all the books that came. They cheered at this news! They love books and love to read!
Then I began to tell them that the students in this class in
I tried again to explain that these were letters to them individually from other children at a school in
I asked for one of the high school students to come down to my classroom to help me explain in Spanish. Anna came down and began to explain it to them in Spanish, still some didn’t understand…because many of them had never seen a written letter. It occurred to me that this is partially because we live in
Well, once they understood why I was giving them each a letter, they all got excited to read about their new friend, and sharing the information with the other students in the class. I got some great pictures of them reading their letters and reading each other’s letters. They all learned how to pronounce the names of these new friends, and were so excited! It was fun as many of them have names they have never heard before. I told them we would all write letters to our new friends on Monday. They thought that was a great idea!
During our morning break Hanssel came and asked me if he could show his paper from his friend Jeff to his older sister, Krissia. She told me that he had come and gotten her and said “you have to read my paper from my new friend Jeff! “
1 comment:
These 3 posts blessed me so much, Steph. I'm fighting the tears. I'm so happy for your students and I'm happy for you in the blessing. I LOVE your heart for your students and I can tell they love you. Thank you for sharing these moments with us in your blog!
~Marjo~
Post a Comment