Saturday, September 13, 2008

Last week we had a sort of cultural day on Friday. Grades were put together and each group was given a city in Honduras to decorate a tent, and have food that is known from that area. It was a lot of fun, and the kids had a fun time. We sold the food and the money will be used by the student government to do some repairs at the school.






This is Miss Candy, they were the Bay Islands.









Here is Manuel with a machete cutting up a cocunut!






This group was from Comayagua and La Paz



















David, Gabriel on the bongo, and Wilmer on the shell! He was funny blowing that shell all day! They are having a great time!








Here is Mauro and Wilmer. These are the 5th grade boys. They were all from the Port of Cortez. Miss Alysha made flowers for the girls' hair and for the boys to pin to their shirts. They were so cute! Mauro and Wilmer are two of my favorite kids!

Here they are selling their food!

Much of the food and drinks looked very good, but Alysha and I were careful! She tried a few bites of a few things that day, but I was a total gringo! After getting sick on the soup at one of our favorite restaurants earlier this year, I wasn't going to chance it! The foods were made by the parents of the kids and brought in that morning. So not knowing how things were cleaned and cooked, and gringos needing lots of purified water and bleach on their food....I decided I would just be hungry. Which I was...and very tempted, but I just remembered myself of the two weeks I was sick from the Chicken Tortilla Soup and the temptation was gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had fun! I miss you and the 2nd graders so much! Take Care!

~*Daniela