Saturday, September 13, 2008

I just remembered the other funny part of my trip to the mechanic story...see below.....

While I was there he told me that part of my car had been stolen. There are some parts that go above your wheels to protect the engine, and he showed me, you could see where it had been bolted to the car. He said he couldn't remember for sure, but had asked his helper if he remembered if those parts were on my car when they checked it out before I bought it and he said he remembered that they were there.

He said to me, you know when you park your car here people just take things. They will steal anything they can. You know if I was in the U.S. and my car that I had owned for a month had been keyed, had parts from it stolen, and been hit (I left that off, there is a dent on the side driver door like it was scraped, probably while being parked on the street in front of the school), I would be so upset, but here it is just life. I am just thankful for a vehicle to get me around!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

That is crazy about your car having parts stolen. Life is sure different there, isn't it. Hope you don't walk out some morning and not have any tires. Crazy.

Love,
elaine