Saturday, August 09, 2008

I know it has been a long time since I have posted to my blog. There is a lot to tell...but I don´t have time or the memory to update everything right now. Some highlights are...I got my temporary residency paper just waiting on my card, Helen and Kayla came and taught the kids dance for two weeks and they performed at parent night, we have another team who came in and did some training for the teachers while the youth played games with the students, the dog that bit me has moved away (his family has moved away and happily they have taken him with them!), I have bought a car - I don´t have it yet, but should in the next couple of days, school is great....



We have had several of our students get mugged. There are actually 8 incidences in the past 4 weeks. Some of them are the same students that have been jumped or chased on two separate occasions. There was one incident with three of our highschool students (boys) and they were mugged at gunpoint.

Please pray for our students and for their safety!

We really feel like the school has been under attack this year, please pray for protection for the school, the teachers and the students!

Please continue to pray for Moises and for Anthony. Both of these boys had a rough week. Their behavior was not good in class, and they were not doing their homework or even working in class. Which is an indicator that something more is going on. Moises was very violent and angry when he talked about his mom last week. And today as I was tutoring Anthony he didn´t want to work, he seemed very upset and had been this way all week. Finally I told him to draw me a picture of what makes him sad and see if he would open up to me. He finally told me that things were bad at his house, that his mom hits him, and then he began to cry. I talked to him and we prayed together, praying for him and for his mom and for things to be better at home.

I received a bag of goodies from home this week. It was like Christmas at my house! I had so much fun, opening gifts and reading letters and cards! Thank you so much!!!! It was a blessing and really lifted my spirits!

No comments: