I am happy to report we are finally all well! After feeling great last Saturday afternoon, by evening I was back in the bathroom and feeling sick and woke Sunday morning all out sick again. Annette, Haley and I all had the same symptoms we would start to feel better but continued to have stomach pain and then the diarrhea and throwing up would start again and we were all so weak and tired. We all got on medicine last week, antibiotics and some powder to add to your drinks to replace all the nutrients our bodies had lost while being sick. By Wednesday this week I felt normal again. I had energy and felt like I was really recovered completely.
Last week Patty went with me to the bank to talk to them again about the money I lost by using their ATM. As we were walking in the bank Patty is telling me that she used to know someone who worked there but she didn´t know if she still worked at this bank. Well she does work there, and she is the lady I had talked to when I had the same problem in May. It makes the world a better place when you know someone! She was much more helpful this time. She remembered me from when I talked to her in May. She told me what to do so that my bank and that bank to communicate and begin to resolve the issue and get my money returned to me. She also told me that I shouldn´t use the ATM because it is untrustworthy and that I can come inside the bank and use my debit card with one of the tellers to get cash. That was completely new information so it was good to know that! And so good that she wants to help me get this resolved.
We had a good week at school. Prayers were answered concerning one of our students who had dropped out of school and run away. While we were all sitting around praying for her one evening, Annette´s cell phone rang and it was the girl´s uncle. And the young girl showed up at school the next day and has now returned to school. All the missionaries have committed to working with her each day after school to help her get caught up so that she can complete high school. We were so excited!
Next week our 2nd through 6th grade students are going to camp from Monday through Thursday. Please pray for them while they are there. That they will have a wonderful and safe time. And for the students who were not able to go because of where they are in their school work, pray that they would be motivated this week to get a lot of work done. With less students at the school we will be able to focus more attention on those students who need extra care and encouragement.
Lance returned to Comayagua safely. Annette is happy to have her husband back home! And he brought the part needed to fix her oven (from when we had all the electrical problems) and her oven is back up and running! She was thrilled!
I had a fun evening last Tuesday after school at Glenda Faber´s new salon. I got my haircut and colored. Thank you Jim & Elaine for my spa package! I still get to go back from a manicure, pedicure, facial and massage. Annette came and got her hair done too, it was a fun girl night with Glenda. Her salon is very nice and she is happy to be working and doing this work that she loves! It is easy to forget you are in Honduras when you go to Glenda´s house at the golf club, and now sitting in the salon really makes you think you are at a salon in Texas! What a great get away!
Next weekend we are going with the chapel at the base to Copan. Not sure where it is in Honduras exactly, but they are going there for a chapel retreat. We will share the cost of gas and will be responsible for our food. The base is covering the place for everyone to stay. I hope we aren´t sleeping in military tents...but where ever it is, it will be fun. It will be a little get away. And a very affordable get away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I haven't sat down to read your blog til today so I hadn't known you were sick. So glad you're better. Love the pictures of the house. Love to know what's going on in your world. praying 4 u - luv bonnel
Post a Comment