Hello all! Since my last post I have lived through a week of being sick! Today I finally feel like a person again. Last weekend was sick gringo weekend. Annette and Haley started on Friday. Then Alysha on Saturday, and me on Saturday afternoon. We all had the wonderful stomach/bathroom illness that comes with living here! For me I had Saturday and Sunday of throwing up and bathroom fun...but then all week I felt weak and tired and just not right. And had absolutely no appetite. Today I actually feel like eating. A first! I made it to school every day last week, but yesterday as soon as 2nd grade class was over at 11:30, Annette took me home. I slept most of the afternoon then went to bed at 7:00 last night and woke at 5:30 this morning to the birds chirping, and roosters crowing. One of my students was coming to the school for tutoring so I got up and got ready for my day. I made it to school by about 8:00 to do all grading and things that I hadn´t done after class yesterday and get ready for Anthony to arrive at 9:00. I feel great and continue to feel good. I walked from the school to the mall afterward to check my mail. It has been 2 weeks since I had been to the internet, so I had a lot to catch up on.
I am so thankful that I am feeling better!
We had another missionary couple join us in Honduras last Wednesday, Ben and Sarah. They are NEWLY married...tomorrow will be their 3 week anniversary! Talk about an adventure for them! They will be here until September, helping at the school. A highschool student arrives Monday, and I am so excited that she will be helping me with my 2nd grade students. It will be great having help with my kids! And they will love the extra attention!
I have had a second incident where I have lost money by using the ATM here in Honduras. Both times it was at the same bank. I will not be going to that bank any longer! I will go and talk to them again about this second incident with one of the teachers on Monday, but I imagine I will get the same story I got the first time it happened to me. And will lose the money again. Pray for me to have favor and to be able to talk to someone at the bank who genuinely wants to help me. The last time I was basically brushed off...told to go to my bank, that my bank had made the error not them, and that was it. No help whatsoever.
Another item of prayer is that I would find a vehicle, a vehicle that is dependable and within my budget. I had previously contemplated buying a vehicle but thought I just wanted it for convenience. But now it has become an issue of safety. The morning I was bit by the dog Alyshia said to me maybe God allowed this to happen to show you how dangerous it is out there and you need to be more careful. When I am on my own, I need to walk to where ever I am going or take a taxi, or walk to a location to find a taxi. The amount of violence that occurs in Comayagua has escalated. Gang activity has escalated. And the number of young people with guns is on the rise. Being from the United States puts a target on you. It is a fact.
Annette and I have talked about it and she was glad that I had already made the decision that I wanted to look for a vehicle. Here I have no idea where to look, how to look, how much is a reasonable amount....so I will be getting help from many people. Lance comes back to Honduras next week, so Annette thinks he will be able to help me as well with finding a car and knowing what is the right price.
Please continue to pray for our school, our teachers and our students, as well as Comayagua and Honduras.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had you on my heart tonight. I hope you are all well now. Are you excited that Lance is coming back and you can look for your car?
Love, elaine
James and I will be praying that you find the right vehicle. I know the angels are providing safety, but still very glad you'll be driving instead of walking!
So sorry you've been sick. YUK! Not fun.
Love, Lynn
Post a Comment