Here is Alejandro and Anthony. Anthony is smiling here, which isn't something that is seen very often. Anthony is a sad, angry little boy. He has a special place in my heart, I know he is a good kid just has a lot of junk he is dealing with in his life. His dad just got remarried, his mom and the kids just had to move to a new house. His mom said that he is very angry and she has the same behavior from him that I have had in class. Many days he would come to class and sit with his lips closed tightly and his arms crossed, just angry and refusing to work. There are some days that he comes to class and cries. A couple weeks ago he went to camp. Alyshia had told me that Anthony had gone forward to accept Jesus. I had asked all my kids about camp, what they had done, what they had learned. Mostly what I got from the boys was hearing about the go-cars and playing in the mud. I had fished around with some of the kids to see if they would share anything with me. Saturday I was at school with Anthony and he was reading to me from his Pace. It was a story about a little boy being scared of the dark and his dad telling him he didn't need to be scared because God is always with him. As we were talking about the story from his Pace he looked at me and said "Miss I have Jesus in my heart" I was so excited!!!!! And I was so glad that he trusts me enough to share that with me!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Here is Alejandro and Anthony. Anthony is smiling here, which isn't something that is seen very often. Anthony is a sad, angry little boy. He has a special place in my heart, I know he is a good kid just has a lot of junk he is dealing with in his life. His dad just got remarried, his mom and the kids just had to move to a new house. His mom said that he is very angry and she has the same behavior from him that I have had in class. Many days he would come to class and sit with his lips closed tightly and his arms crossed, just angry and refusing to work. There are some days that he comes to class and cries. A couple weeks ago he went to camp. Alyshia had told me that Anthony had gone forward to accept Jesus. I had asked all my kids about camp, what they had done, what they had learned. Mostly what I got from the boys was hearing about the go-cars and playing in the mud. I had fished around with some of the kids to see if they would share anything with me. Saturday I was at school with Anthony and he was reading to me from his Pace. It was a story about a little boy being scared of the dark and his dad telling him he didn't need to be scared because God is always with him. As we were talking about the story from his Pace he looked at me and said "Miss I have Jesus in my heart" I was so excited!!!!! And I was so glad that he trusts me enough to share that with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment