Saturday, May 03, 2008

Hello! Thank you all for your prayers. I had a miracle at the dentist this week! Originally, the dentist told me I should go to a specialist...it was obvious that he was concerned about pulling this tooth. The tooth was broken and it was infected. Lucy went with me on Thursday morning. We arrived and he said he was steralizing the equipment.

I went back and he numbed my mouth then gave me two shots to numb all the area around the tooth. He then called me back again for the extraction. He reached in and grabbed hold of my tooth, and pulled out part of it, then grabbed again and pulled out the other half. As he did it he said "God is Good!!" He continued praising God as he said I got it all, all the root came out. He then said to me, "whenever there is something that should be difficult and it is easy I say God is Good!" " This should have been difficult, but it was very easy. It took about 30 seconds!"

It truly was amazing and how well I felt the rest of that day. I took it easy, watched tv, ate ice cream....and then on Friday I went to school. I was pretty wiped out by the time I got home late last night (after helping prepare for a bazaar we held at the school as a fundraiser today)...but I did not feel like I had just had an infected wisdom tooth pulled the day before!

Today, I am great! We had a successful fundraiser at the school today too. It was a combination garage sale, food sale, games etc...all the money going toward the air conditioner in the learning center. Of course Paty made pupusas and I was happy I could eat real food today! I had two of them! They are sooo delicious! We made a little over 8,000 limperas, which is about $425 US....we are getting very close to the amount needed to install the air conditioning!

And oh what a happy day that will be because it is soooo hot here!

Rickie and Lucy leave Honduras on the 15th of this month and we have a new teacher arriving on the 17th. She will be here through the end of the school year. And then two other college students who arrive later in May. It will be great having the extra help at the school.

Celestino went with Rickie and Lucy today to go to Seguatapeque to visit the orphanage. I couldn´t go since we had the event at the school this morning. They have been wanting to go to the orphanage and needed to make the time to go as they will be leaving Honduras soon. I am sure they will come back to Comayague with their hearts pulled by the boys there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, I'm SO glad to hear of your amazing recovery from the infected tooth. God Is Good!...I agree with your dentist!

There's just one thing I want to know. What is a pupusas? It must be good since you ate 2 of them but it sounds nasty! LOL! Just kidding! But really, I really do want to know what it is.

You're in my heart and prayers.
I love you and miss you!
Marjo

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I am so thankful for your quick recovery from your tooth. What a blessing. Remember when you had a tooth pulled in OK? What a time you had then.

Love and miss you,
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Stephanie: It is so good to hear from you. I'm glad that you are there doing God's work, but I'm sad that you are away from your family on Mother's Day. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU. Your tooth recovery was really an act of God, wasn't it? What a praise report! I'm continuing to pray for you and for your students. Keep on bloggin'. Love, Phyllis Wilson