Happy Birthday Ashlynn Kate Neely!!!! Missing birthdays of your family is certainly hard. Especially those special milestone birthdays! My great niece turned one year old today! I remember last year getting picture mail on my cell phone during the night of the new addition to our family. Good memories! Wish I could be there tonight as the family celebrates her life. I hope she will grow up knowing how much I love her, even though I am not there to share in her days!
After I left the internet cafe over the weekend I started thinking of many things I had forgotten to tell you about. One very important thing was how well our kids did at the Regional Convention. They compete with other ACE schools in Central America. Our kids did so well Annette said at times it was almost embarrassing because we were winning so many trophies and medals. One thing that was really cool was that the kids I had worked with for the Bible Bowl won First Place! They also won First Place in Pace Bowl. This was so exciting! We have some very intelligent kids! One of the boys, David Giovanni, better known as Geo, is so great! He was on both bowl teams. I worked on trivia questions for the Bible bowl and he was answering every question and sometimes would ask me questions to test my knowledge. My goal became trying to find a question for Geo that he could not answer. I finally did it, but there were very few! He is a great kid!
We had many stories of how our kids exhibited Godly character during the days they spent at convention. One cool story was about Yenssi, she was running and winning the race, she saw that one of her teammates who had been in 2nd place was being passed by other students. Yenssi reached back and grabbed Marisol´s hand and pull her through the finish line, with Yenssi taking first and Marisol taking second.
Our kids won medals in sports, singing, playing guitar, photography and many more. We were all so excited for our kids and so very proud!
I have officially begun the paperwork the obtain legal Residency here in Honduras. Tuesday Debbie, Annette and I went to Teguc to turn in the last couple of pieces of information needed to start the process and we got a folder with a sort of receipt showing that the process has begun.
Annette is currently in the United States. She will be there for about 3 weeks. I am starting to look for a house to rent and will begin making that move after Rickie and Lucy go back to the U.S. We also have several young people coming from the U.S. in May who will be helping at the school. They will be staying in the apts. at Annette´s house. We are all excited to have some more hands at the school. I am looking for a house near Annette & Lance´s house, it would be convenient to be near them, and the area is very nice. I haven´t seen anything yet. I am just praying that the right place will be found. I am trying to let God work out all those details!
I am feeling good. I am healthy, school is great, the kids are great! I got a lot of hugs at school this morning after being in Teguc yesterday. It was nice to be missed. :) All our dogs are hyper but they keep me company when I am at the house by myself.
Love and miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment