Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I thought I would send a picture of Samson. He is such a funny puppy! Although yesterday was one of those days where you say "Why do I have a dog?!" He loves to sneak in the back door and run through the house like a crazy dog! Yesterday when he did that, he ran through the kitchen and punctured a can of Diet Coke (aka Coca Light) with his toenail and coke is running everywhere, and he runs through it making wonderful sticky doggy footprints all over the house, then he runs back to the can and begins drinking it. Oh that is just what I need....a puppy on caffeine!

But most of the time I love him and am thrilled that he is mine!


This picture is one of those times...as I looked out the kitchen window and he is laying outside munching on a mango. He ate the entire thing - I did manage to get the seed from him before he chewed it up and tried to eat it too. He is such a funny dog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Samson and the mango. :)
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Steph,
That was a precious story about Samson.
I just want you to know that I think that Labs are a very special breed. We have a black lab who's name is Trevor and we've had him since he was a little over a year, he's going to be nine in May and he's big as a bear and as loveable as he can be. He was our next door neighbors dog, his grandchildren gave him to him for Fathers day because he had one that had gotten old and died. Well anyway, when Trevor got old enough he would run after the golfers(we lived on a golf course) and it got so bad that Larry had to put up an "invisable fince" and so Trevor would run thru it and chase the golfers but because it would shock him he wouldn't go back and he would come over to our house and he would lay over at our house all the time. So Larry took the fence down (or whatever you would do to disengage it) but Trevor would still come and stay at our house, he just seemed to love Kris! It got so bad that Larry would,teasing,say that Kris must be feeding Trevor but Kris promised that he wasn't. Well one day after Larry had come home from work and Kris was sitting outside in the back patio with Trevor laying next to him so Larry called Trevor to come home but Trevor wasn't moving. After about three times Larry yelled "Kris I guess he's yours, you can have him"! So Kris and Trevor were inseprable from then on. He went everywhere Kris went, he would ride in the bed of the truck and he loved it.
He's having to stay home these days because he's gotten arthritis in his hind legs.

But all that to say that even though Samson may be a stinker he will calm down as he gets older.

My brother has a female chocolate lab and she's an outside dog and she's as sweet as can be and she's about three and minds him really well, she had been pretty wild for those first couple of years, I call it being extremely happy!

So, I'm so glad you are Samson's momma and I know he's alot of company for you.

Bless you,
love Bonnel

P.S. Trevor says hi!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I can totally relate! I bought a new pair of shoes in Alabama last fall and have been waiting to wear them. I wore them for the first (and last) time on Easter weekend. The following Monday while I was at work, Jack ate them! He ate off the whole heal!!!!! I could have killed him. But then he has his sweet moments and I remember why I love him so much. Oh well! At least the shoes were on clearance and were only $6. If I had paid the full $50 for them, I'd have really been mad. He also ate Travis' sandals and the shoestrings out of his sneakers. We now put All of our shoes in the closet at all times. :-)

Love ya,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph

A girl I work with, Christina, recently lost her little toy poodle (old age) and has been so sad. She's never been able to have kids, and Jack was her baby. Anyway, some friends of hers are giving her a black lab female puppy Memorial Day, and she's so excited. She's already named the puppy Angel. She's already started buying toys so Angel will have plenty to chew on, since she's heard all the stories..

After Folgers died, James vowed we'll never have another dog, so I'm really ready for my kids to give me grandpuppies! They are waiting for the grandkids to get bigger, and then they say we'll see... In the meantime, grandkids are a pretty good substitute.

: )

Love, Lynn