Back to school! I am happy to be back at school today. A break was good, but I was ready to come back!
I posting some pictures from the celebration that took place in Comayagua. The festivities start on Thursday evening, when the Catholic church begins the drama portraying Jesus, beginning with the Last Supper with the disciples and goes through the crucifixtion and resurrection, with a small part of the drama being performed each day.
Thursday evening families and businesses who are going to make a "carpet" work on them through the night and into the next morning. Then the Procession begins and they walk on the "carpets" that have been made. The carpets, as pictured above, are made with colored sawdust. Some of them are made with a sort of stencil, as
you can see here. It is very interesting, and they were so beautiful!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
1 comment:
Hi Stephanie, I enjoyed getting caught up reading your blog today. (Quiet afternoon at work.. very unusual) The pictures you sent of the carpets are wonderful. I could not believe they were made of sawdust! Glad you got to see them before they were trampled. So interesting to hear about the Easter traditions of Honduras. I'm glad you were there to shift the emphasis to the happy ending!
I think you are right on about the spiritural warfare that's going on in your classrooms. I have no doubt that the peace and order you experienced that morning was from the Holy Spirit, and the stuck door was just an evil attempt by the enemy to wreck your plans. Maybe the Lord allowed that to happen so you could see the contrast!
Will continue to pray for you and your students, especially Allejandro! Love Lynn
Post a Comment