I am happy to say that Annette is home from the States. I was so happy she got home! And she and Lance had a very successful trip and we have some teachers coming from the states next year to teach at the school.
The weather has gone from freezing cold (it felt freezing cold to me) with no sun for a week and rainy, cloudy, gray skies, to sunshine again! It was good to see the sun after not seeing it for a week! Annette brought me back some warm clothes from the states, and of course the sun came out! But I am happy to have my soft comfy sweatshirt and some other warm clothes and shoes from home.
I am now the owner of a cute little chocolate lab puppy named Samson! Yes, I am keeping Samson. . . I couldn't give him up! We took him to Tegucigalpa, along with Gracie, on Saturday to go to the vet. So Samson had his first vaccination. He weighs 12 pounds. He is growing and seems to be very healthy! We have been trying to introduce him to the other dogs at the house, his parents Gracie and Redman. Gracie doesn't pay much attention to him but Redman wants to play with him. The trouble is that Redman weighs about 90 pounds and Samson weighs 12 pounds. But they did some bottom sniffing yesterday and Redman really checked Samson out in the yard. They were cute later last night Redman was outside and Samson was inside but both were at the screen door talking to each other. I got some sweet pictures. I am making Honduras home now that I have my very own pet. Annette will take care of him while I am in the states.
I will be on my way back in two weeks. It is hard to believe that I only have another two weeks here before returning to see friends and family. I am excited to see everyone, and excited to go to Restoration and excited about going to WALMART!
I will miss the kids and miss the teachers, but I know I am ready emotionally for the break and being home with my family. I will return to Honduras mid-January.
It looks like we will be getting a new location for the school. We should have confirmation by Wednesday, but the meetings have gone well, and actually better than Annette had hoped for. We continue to see favor being given in this situation and believe the Lord has His hand on the situation.
Please continue to pray for the students who are trying to finish up their year. One of my students said to me today that he did not finish his homework because his father had taken him to a bar yesterday and his father was drinking bad drinks and then his father was... and he began to sway back and forth to show me how his father was acting. It breaks my heart! He is a very difficult child to deal with, but when you begin to get to know him beyond just not doing homework and goofing off in class, you begin to understand where some of his problems come from.
Please pray for the leaders of the school as they work out the deal with the owners of the land and the Chamber of Commerce in Comayagua for the new location of the school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment