Happy Friday!
Today was the last day of school for the students who have completed all their work for their grade. Those students who have not completed their work will come to school next week. Many of them have decided in the last few weeks that they should actually make an effort. So they are working hard to complete their grade.
It was funny today as many of the students were leaving and they were saying good bye to all the teachers and they were saying ¨see you next year Miss¨... I am usually leaving and not knowing when I will be back, but this time I will be back for the next school year. :)
Last Tuesday Porter, Gabby and I went to Teguc, AGAIN! Porter was flying to the States, so we took him to the airport, then Gabby and I went to immigration. And YAE they had my passport! And it was stamped with my 30 day extension! I was so happy, and so happy that I would not have to return again next week!
Wednesday had Peter and Katherine, two Honduran teachers at our school, over to the house for dinner. It was fun, and an experience! Improvising on recipe ingredients! I was making lasagna, but ended up with some sort of Italian casserole, but it was good and we had a fun time visiting over dinner. I could not find all the types of cheese for the lasagna, and then that night I was cooking the lasagna noodles, only bugs had been nibbling on them, so they went into the trash! So I used curly macoroni instead. Oh well! Life is good!
Thursday Cyndi and I took a trip around Comayagua with Lance´s pickup truck full of trash... because the trash had not been picked up in my barrio for THREE weeks! I won´t get too graphic about the trash, but we all cheer when the trashmen do come on the correct day. Remember no flushing toilet paper, no garbage disposal, and I had a night of no electricity during that time period, so I had thrown away a lot of food from the fridge... YUK! It was an experience! We went off looking for a dumpster where we could get rid of all the trash, which we found, and were so thankful for the 3 guys there who unloaded it for us. So thankful for them, I gave them some limperas, and would have given more to them if I had them!
I got a phone call this week about teaching English to a man who works at a factory here in Comayagua. Another missionary had been doing it, then she had turned it over to a bilingual Honduran who runs another school here in Comayagua. He called me because he really didn´t have time to do it so he was trying to find someone else who would be interested in the job. Yes they are paying for the time, the factory is paying for it. He said they will pay $10 per hour. So I had one of the teachers at school call for me today and we will start class tomorrow afternoon. When I asked Erymis (I have no idea how to spell his name!) about how he had been teaching him English he said they man really just needs conversation, so I don´t have any books or guids to work from, so we will see how it goes. I will work tonight to try and come up with some ideas of what to do tomorrow. So you can pray for me as I do this, that I will be able to teach him and have some ideas of things to teach. It looks like it will be several days a week for an hour each time.
Samson is growing so much! He is walking, almost running now... no more crawling on his belly! He loves his puppy mush! Eyes are open, and ears are floppy, and he gets bigger every day! He has so many teeth, but is still chewing on my finger every chance he gets! I bought him some little puppy chew toys, but he doesn´t really care about them yet. He would rather chew on me or on the nipple of his bottle. He loves his puppy mush! I also got him a cute little blue puppy bowl at the pet store. Yes, a pet store! It is so cute! They have birds, and a couple of puppies, and some cute little turtles, and hamsters. And all the collars and toys and things you need for your pets. I had fun buying for Samson!
Well I believe that is about all my news! Things are going good! I am well, physically and emotionally! I have electricity and no bugs and now no more trash! Life is good! Funny the things you take for granted, and now I am so thankful for many things!
Please continue to pray for the school and for the children who are trying to finish up their school work, and the ones who will have to go to vacation school. Pray for the teachers who work with these kids, and the opportunities we have to minister to them as we work with them doing their school work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stephanie, We are having lasagna tomorrow for lunch and I thought of your experience as I was putting mine together. How did your English lesson go? Besides talking could you have him read something?
Starla's wedding was beautiful tonight. We will send pictures!
Miss you and love you,
Your sister. :)
Post a Comment