So I have been back in Honduras almost 2 months since
being home to visit my family. It has
been a busy couple of months!
Mission
Team
Soon
after I returned, I welcomed a mission team!
They were such a blessing as they helped with a teacher retreat at Ruach
and shared at my church, Ministerio Renuevo.
Back to School
I am happy to be teaching science again this year at Ruach International Christian School. This year I am teaching the grades 4th - 8th. It is so much fun to spend my days with these scientists as we learn and explore! They teach me many things!
We are having fun using all the science equipment that was donated last year.
7th grade preparing their petri dishes with soil samples taken from various locations in the school.
6th grade examining slice bread for microorganisms.
FUN WITH BAKING SODA!
MAGNETS!
4th grade doing an investigation of mass and force
Church
Family
I am blessed to be part of a wonderful church here in
Comayagua. They really are my
family! It is a blessing to have a place
where I can come to worship and receive the word and be with people who I
connect with and whom I love dearly! I
have the honor of helping Marjorie with the children during the service.
Girls’
Bible Study
Marjorie and I are continuing with our Bible study for
the girls in our church. I love the time
we get to share with them from the Bible, share stories, give advice, eat
together, laugh together, and sometimes cry together. They are a blessing to me!
Sometimes we get to share a birthday too!
English
Classes in La Isla
I have so much joy when I am in La Isa. This is a small community outside of
Comayagua. What is it that draws me
there? What is it that makes me so
happy? I don’t have an answer, except
that it is an assignment God has given to me and He has filled me with love and
commitment to these people!
Last year Marjorie and I had a 6-week program one day
each week after school, teaching English. This year we wanted to continue with our
classes there and I had a desire in my heart to do more. I prayed for God to open doors and show us
how to serve this school. My schedule at
Ruach allows me to go to La Isla to teach English classes during their regular
school day.
So, each Friday Marjorie and I are with our English
students from 10:00 12:00.
We spend Thursday evening each week planning and
preparing for our class the following day.
We made a small workbook with the worksheets for our
first partial.
Here are my students - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade!
It is going to be a fun and busy year and I am so excited for all that God is doing in my life and in the lives of my students in Ruach and La Isla!
No comments:
Post a Comment