Sunday, February 12, 2012

Monday's the Day!!! 
Tomorrow is our first day of class at Ruach!  I am so excited to receive all our highschool students.  Some I haven't seen since the last day of class in November...some I just saw last week...some I have not met yet.... I am excited about each of them!

About a month ago, while in the Learning Center with vacation school students, I was looking around at the walls, painted an eggshell color, and praying about how to decorate the walls.  I wanted something bright and fresh and new for this year.  I am not creative like some of our teachers.  So I sat in that large room with dirty blank walls and just prayed....and God began to show me what to put on the walls! 

First was COLOR!  Oh and it is beautiful!  Three walls are now a light sky blue color and the fourth wall I wanted yellow.  I love yellow,, it's bright, it's happy, it's alive!  Patty and I went to pick the paint and we got Ripe Banana...oh baby it is YELLOW!!!  I LOVE it!!!

God showed me a Lighthouse .....we have students who are already a light, in the city, in their homes, in this school.  Teach the kids to be a light everywhere they go.   Let Your Light Shine!!!

Next God talked to me about how our kids are worshippers.  We have kids who love to sing, kids who play instruments, kids who love to worship...I love to hear them singing during devotions each week.  God reminded me of the verse in Psalm 150:3-6

3Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.


He began to show me instruments, all the instruments the kids love to play in worshipping Him.  I saw people with hands raised and worshipping on their knees!

I shared these visions with my teaching team and they were as excited as me!

Patty fell in love with the Lighthouse....and Suyapa helped us design it and create it on the wall.

Katherine, being a worshipper and Music Teacher fell in love with the vision I had for the wall about worshipping.  She ran with the idea and created some awesome decorations!

We made instruments and all pitched in painting and creating!  Even teachers from other classes helped us, Suyapa and Suleyda helped put the vision on paper and draw some of it out for us!

In the end we have the most incredible Learning Center!  I love it, I can't wait for my students to see it tomorrow! 

I will post photos tomorrow...but I want them to be the first ones to see it. 

There is more to share....so check back later in the week and hear all the new news about High School!


2 comments:

Elaine said...

Wow...I so enjoyed hearing about this. It is so awesome how God showed you how to decorate!!! Excited for you this first morning. :)

Sand Castles and Snow Forts said...

Praying for you continually and that each moment you spend with those children God imparts His heart through you.