Saturday, April 02, 2011

CONVENTION 2011 - RUACH!!!! We had a great time at convention! This is my 3rd year and honestly this was the best year! We didn't win any trophies in soccer, which is not normal for these kids...and they were not happy with that. But they did win many awards and trophies in many of their events. But what made it the best convention for me was the attitudes, the behavior, the respect I saw in the students from Ruach. My kids aren't perfect, but there were many times that they could have gotten angry, been disrepectful, or gotten out of control and they didn't! I saw a difference, a change in many of them this year, and I am so proud of them!



Another reason this was the best convention was that many of them made decisions, some for the first time, to follow Jesus! It was awesome to see so many students standing up each night declaring their commitments to Jesus!


I am posting photos to Facebook....so check them out when you can. I will also be working to post some photos here with stories about each one of the kids who came who I love dearly! I am so blessed to be able to be a part of each of their lives!


All the hard work and stress and sleepless nights and long days was all worth it this week! All the preparations for convention are nothing compared to the lasting effects on these kids' lives and the changes God will make in their hearts! I will also be posting later the list of trophies and medals the students of RUACH received.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

What a fantastic update!!!! Love that hearts were changed. That is better than any trophy. :)

Connie said...

Thank you Steph for putting this together! It is so encouraging to see the kids putting to practice the things they are learning. Thank you for listening to God's call on your heart and making a difference in the kids' lives.