Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shopping Trip!


Okay, I haven't finished posting pictures and stories from the trip to the United States with the kids ...sorry I can't keep up with my life....just so much fun and exciting things going on!


So today we took a shopping trip to Tegucigalpa. We laughed at ourselves, that we were so excited today to drive for almost 2 hours to get to PriceSmart (a store that is like a Sam's) to go shopping! ha ha!


Well we headed out early this morning and Josiah was all smiles and ready to go..vroom vroom!




Before going to PriceSmart we went to the mall, did a little shopping and went to lunch.
While at the mall I got a much needed new shower curtain. My old one was being held together by staples .... it was ready to go!

So here is my cute new shower curtain!



I was very happy with my find, it even came with cute little matching hooks!
Last year I looked in every store in Comayagua for a scale and never found one. I've asked people here where could I find one, seems no one here has one. I found them today!
I bought this cute one! So I will smile before I step on every morning...hopefully will still be smiling when I step off. :)


We were in a cute store with a variety of items, and as Annette was checking out I saw this frame hanging on the wall. It was PERFECT! I had a similar frame that had gotten knocked off my wall earlier this year, in the middle of a water balloon fight with some of my kids....and the frame broke....and I had not found one again here or in the states that had the right size and shape of pictures...and here this one did!
I was so excited to come home and put the photos back in it from Joshua's Basic Training graduation! It's now hanging back on my wall!



Next we went to PriceSmart. At first it was a little overwhelming...so I walked up and down a few aisles and then I began finding some exciting buys!
A 4-pack of Clorox Wipes! Now what is so exciting about this isn't just that I found them, but it was the price. You can buy them at our local grocery store, but they are very expensive...I got a great deal on this 4-pack, so I am very excited!

They are great for wiping down the counters in the kitchen, wiping the top of the water bottles that go on the Oasis cooler....great for wiping down anything that looks dirty, might be dirty or dusty....my windows are more like shutters and the screens don't fit in my windows tight, so there is a lot of dirt and dust that blows in....oh these are wonderful!
I can't wait to start wiping down the kitchen!!!


I love yogurt and I eat a lot of it. There are not many varieties to pick from at the local grocery store....pretty much strawberry or apple, sometimes there is a peach or an apricot.....but here I found not only my favorite brand, but also BLUEBERRY! I love blueberry yogurt and have never seen it in Honduras! So I bought two variety packs of yogurt!


PEAS!!!! FROZEN PEAS!!! I love peas! I like them cold in a salad, like them mixed with pasta, like them by themselves, like them with potatoes, like them like them like them!
I have never seen frozen peas in Honduras....so I was thrilled when Annette found these!
For dinner tonight I am eating peas!!! And I am sure desert will be a blueberry yogurt!
I bought a few other items that were good deals, trash bags, beans, coke zero...but these things were the big excitement of my day!!

It was a good shopping day! And a fun day with Annette! And some funny moments with muddy windshields, and buying new wipers from the guy on the street, and trying to pump gas, and making it home through the fog and the rain, and we did it all with PRAYER, DIET COKE and M&MS!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Love, Love, Love your shower curtain. Enjoyed hearing about your trip and all your fun finds!!!! :)

Stacy said...

That is great! I love your shower curtain. It's so bright and cheery. It's so awesome that you found things you love in Honduras. What a great day!!! I hope you enjoyed your dinner. :)