Sunday, November 08, 2009

WOW I cannot believe that was my last post on my blog. I have just been too busy to sit and update and post pictures or even take pictures off my camera.

Well....I've had a girls baking day at my house...I'll have to post some photos of us covered in flour.

We've been working hard at school!

Miss Carol had a week of fun parties with the students before returning to the United States to be with her son who was having surgery and who had a succesful operation and is currently recovering with all good reports at home!

I've been having classes after school and at my house in the evenings and on the weekends with my 6th grade students.

This is an important year for them, because they actually receive a diploma for completing their primary school. But I have many students who are behind. Some because they carried over Paces from last year...some because they are struggling in some of their subjects...some because futbol and girls are much more interesting than Paces....some I don't know why or how they got so behind...but here we are. And right now we have TWO weeks left to finish their work! So we are working non-stop!

I have been stressed over them for a while now....and it is only getting worse...but now I can see that some of my students are actually starting to see that if they don't get busy and really start to work they aren't going to make it. Some are responding to that reality with hard work and determination which is making me very hopeful!

And today I booked my flight back to the Texas for the holidays. It always brings mixed feelings for me. I am happy to see my family, flush my toilet paper, take a shower, and GO TO WALMART and OLD NAVY.....but I hate leaving my kids here. Even though school will be out, thinking about the end of the year brings tears.

Some of the students will go to different schools...some for financial reasons, some have selected a different school for their highschool years, and even those who will return next year, I may not be working with them as much during the day and I have gotten so attached to these 6th graders. I have never had such a stressful time of trying to get the kids to finish their work, but also a glorious time of getting to know them on a personal level, and getting to share with them, and seeing them come to me with questions and concerns. It has been a great experience.

Hopefully they won't forget all the fun times we have had this year!

And now I better get off this computer and get ready for my day because I have 4 girls who should be arriving in about an hour to work on Paces!

Oh ....and my dates in Texas are.... arriving on December 7 and returning to Honduras on January 23! See you all soon!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Just saw your new post. :) Enjoyed it! I know you will miss your kids, but also know God is going to give you others that you can pour into! He is faithful!