My 6th grade conversation class has been doing some experiments. Okay, so I’m not a science teacher…..we are following the directions, but not getting the exact result. But we end up having fun and some weeks making a nice mess.
These pictures are from the week we were going to blow up a balloon, by putting soap, baking soda and water into a bottle and putting the balloon on the top and supposed to blow up the balloon from the chemical reaction…..okay so that didn’t work.
We also tried to make a compass…again didn’t work, but we had fun playing with a lot of different types of magnets I had brought back from the States, and trying some different things with the magnets.
The kids decided I didn’t pick good experiments so they looked in the book and decided we should make a volcano the following week. So I brought the supplies and we first “built” the volcano with the newspapers around the soda bottle. Well that is of course after we all had a paper ball fight…me included!
Then Gina read the instructions…the students added the ingredients…and we waited….waited…waited…no erupting volcano.
Then they decided they wanted to see what was happening inside the bottle…so we ripped apart the volcano …..it was bubbling, but not an erupting volcano.
Well another dud for me! Maybe we’ll try it again…I must test it home first the next time!
1 comment:
Hey Stephanie, did you try using a smaller bottle for the balloon thing?? Might help.
-Lauren
Post a Comment