DASSIA’S PIZZA PARTY
At the beginning of second partial I told the 6th graders that for all who were caught up at the end of the partial we would go to Pizza Hut….well at the end of 2nd partial I had one girl who was….even being gone through part of 3rd partial in the states I gave them extra time…still I only had Dassia. So I had talked to her about what would we do for her trip to Pizza Hut….no friends had completed it. So she had asked me if we could just have a pizza party at school with the whole class.
We planned the day for the pizza party…and all the kids knew it was for Dassia’s accomplishments that we were having pizza for lunch.
Well God is so good …I never knew how much we would have to celebrate that day!
The 6th grade girls had been fighting, and were completely divided. When I would call the class together…there would be this invisible wall dividing the girls. I had talked with them one day and heard everyone’s version of what had happened….and I had been praying for them that they would be able to resolve their differences and be friends again. It was Friday, the day of the pizza party and I wondered what would happen, how could we have a party together when the girls were split, 3 and 6…..that morning the girls asked me for a time that they could all get together and talk. Miss Cristy had asked Miss Dinora to sit down with them to talk through things but this was the day that parents were coming for report cards so there was no time for this to happen. I went to Miss Cristy wondering what we could do …she came to me and said Mr. Alan wanted to see the girls. They relunctantly went to a classroom with Mr. Alan and about 30 minutes later they emerged, walking down the patio with their arms around girls they hadn’t spoken to in days, all crying and laughing!
One of the girls told me “Miss we are all laughing about how silly we were being!” So I had been worried about the pizza party to celebrate Dassia’s accomplishments…and it was all in God’s timing as we had more to celebrate! We celebrated friendship that day too!
Daniela even made a chocolate cake the night before to bring and share during the pizza lunch. It was a perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment