Carol and I were blessed this weekend when we got to go to Seguatapeque and spend the day at Mark & Paula's and see the team who are here from Restoration Church. We got to spend the day and even into the evening and not have to worry about getting home before dark. We were blessed with a hotel room in Seguatapeque with the team. It was a lovely hotel! Our room had an upstairs and I had the bed upstairs, while Carol slept in the bed downstairs.
We got up at our leisure this morning, and had fruit and crepes for breakfast. I had intended to take a picture, but the fruit looked so delicious I started eating it before I remembered I wanted to snap a shot...so you don't get to see it, but it was wonderful!
Here are Barbara and Carol enjoying a visit .
I have to tell you about our trip home today....It was me, Barbara and Carol. I have gotten to where I really enjoy driving here, driving through the mountains can actually be relaxing....so today we are driving and talking and enjoying the beauty and we come to a section of the road where it is all gravel. I commented that I was glad they had recently wet down that section of the road otherwise it makes a horrible dust cloud to drive through...well the gravel was very wet and the vehicles coming the other direction splash it up on the windshield. And I do not have any wishy washy fluid for my window...so I am driving and saying I don't like this, I can't see very well, don't know what to do....so I finally get to a spot where I feel ok to pull off to the side of the road, and I get out with two bottles of water and my roll of toilet paper and I clean my window so that I can see. By the time I got back into the car I was shaking....as the cars would fly by me on the side of that mountain as I am out there trying to wash the mud off my window.
So I get back in the car...take a deep breath and continue on our way.
I was so happy to be able to see again and we were able to enjoy the rest of the drive home...until I got to the checkpoint where they were stopping every vehicle. So quickly put on my seatbelt (thankful that it would pull down far enough to buckle - it only works about 30% of the time...) and I roll my window down, and ask Barbara to open the glove box. I look inside...there is the rest of my roll of toilet paper, some notes about how to to get to various places in Honduras....but where is my registration card for my car? Oh no! It's not there! I know it is in my car, but where? What has happened? Panic starts to set in. I look in the compartment between the front seats, a broken pair of sunglasses, sweet pea lotion, an old water bill...no registration. Now I am really panicing, knowing that you must have that with you. Then suddenly I remembered that one of my students had shown me another compartment below my radio and told me that was where I was supposed to carry my documents and he had put my registraiton there...Oh thank you for remembering!
After that I was really out of breath, heart racing and my hands were shaking! But thankfully all was well!
I think we were all glad when we finally made it home today, but was a treat it was for Carol and I this weekend! Thank you sweet friends!
1 comment:
So thankful you found the papers!!!!! God was looking after the three of you.
Post a Comment