Monday, May 04, 2009

This week I am leading devotions for the teachers in the morning, beginning tomorrow. This evening I came home and fell asleep on the couch, woke up to the rain and then the lights went out and thought great I haven't thought of what I want to share in the morning and now how I will look at my Bible or any books to come up with something....then it came to me!

I thought about a song I like, called Mighty to Save, and I thought about the chorus that says Saviour, He can move the mountains....

And the verse that says if you have the faith of a mustard seed you can move a mountain. Matthew 17:20.

I always thought of that in literal terms and thought really, now how could you ever have that much faith that you could tell a literal mountain to move and it would. And then I thought we face mountains all the time, obstacles, difficulties, we face many "mountains" here but we have to have the faith to know that with God we can move those mountains, we can overcome whatever stands in our way or becomes an obstacle for us. With the tiniest bit of faith, God can move that mountain for us.

What is your mountain? Have faith in God that He can move that mountain!

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Steph! I love that song. It's such a powerful reminder of what our faith can do if we just let Him.