Monday, May 25, 2009

Saturday I went to visit Paula. I thought I would share some pictures from my trip along the way. They don't really show the beauty of the country here.

Heading out of Comayagua....





Here is a little boy playing soccer along the side of the highway. And that is the rest of my lane, that is under construction....I was left with 1/4 of a lane on the way up the mountain.
It's fine, until there is a car coming in the other direction...especially an 18-wheeler...I just held my breath! What was even better were the idiots who still thought they should try to pass people!




I was trying to get a picture of the beautiful flowers growing in front of this house. With all the rain we have been having everything is green and beautiful flowers are growing all along the way.




Enjoying God's beauty on my drive!




The road leading to Mark & Paula's!






My trip home was wet and rainy. When I left Paula's it started raining so hard I couldn't see, but then began to slow down and drove through the dark stormy sky to a beautiful blue sky! I was happy to see that!





There is a lot of road construction on the highway between Comayagua and Seguatapeque. We are about to be down to one lane. I feel bad for the workers who have to stand in front of the traffic heading down the mountain with this red square flag held in the air to stop the traffic. That is one dangerous job I would not like to have!

Back home...coming down the main blvd. in Comayagua. For those who have been here, you will recognize Wendy's and the "Small" :)

No comments: