Friday, May 01, 2009

I loved watching my 3rd graders working and planning their picture together!




I haven't been posting pictures of my kids at school, so I took some pics this week during some of my art classes.

It's great being the teacher for art class, because they love going...I don't think they realize they are learning! They get away from Paces, they get out of the Learning Center and they get to be creative...but we study famous painters, and painting techniques, patterns, shapes, colors, contrast....they have no idea!

This week my 4th graders did self-portraits! WOW...some of them were really great! I loved watching how they decided how they would draw their face. I brought a large mirror with me so they could look at themselves. One my girls, Andrea, just wanted to fix her hair....she was so funny....I had to keep telling her to stop primping and draw!

One of my boys, Ricardo, who we all affectionately call Ricardito, took his pencil and ran it all around the outside of his ear, then the inside, following the curves...then he drew his ears with such detail! He also laid his face on the paper to trace around his head. It was so much fun watching how some of them would design their drawing!

I didn't have my camera with me for my 4th graders, but I brought it with me on Thursday when I have a 3rd grade class and a 5th grade class.

In 3rd grade we are working on making a mural of things we like to do outside. They are working in groups, and each group will create a section of the mural then we will put it all together. Both boy groups are drawing playing futbol (soccer)...the girls, one group is going fishing and one group is going swimming. One activity that we have been doing in our 3rd grade book is looking at actions and how to draw them. Someone acting out running and then freeze and we do a quick drawing showing how their legs are and arms bent....looking at the movement and how to draw it. So the book suggests with their partners that one would act out an activity and the other draw that, then they will switch....

Here is Olga acting out swimming while Yarely is drawing.


Nancy is doing the action of fishing while Jari is drawing her.

No comments: