Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today as I was driving through town, Comayagua was buzzing with activity. Saturdays are always busy, people out in the streets, shopping, the streets full of people and cars, however today was much busier than the typical Saturday.

The town was full of activity in preparation for Mother's Day. The grocery stores were overloaded with people buying their food to prepare for tomorrow's celebration, the streets were full of people carrying fresh cakes and cut flowers.

As I think about Mother's Day I think about Joshua, who is training at Ft. Benning, Georgia. I miss him so much, while he is out of my reach during basic training. He is what makes Mother's Day so special for me!

Being a mother is a gift and I am so thankful for this gift!

Moms, hug your kids; kids, hug your moms! Have a blessed Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Happy Mother's Day sweet sister! I prayed for you today! Love you and miss you so much!