Saturday, February 07, 2009

It has been a good week! We've been painting and cleaning and organizing...we now have a fully functional Learning Center! The other classrooms are all getting painted and the outside was being painted in our school colors on Friday. It is all looking so good!

We have had many students coming by to check things out at the new school. They are all amazed when they walk into the Learning Center.

We did get a lot more kids enrolled this week...however we are still under our goal. Please continue to pray that more families will come this week to enroll their children.

Also, please pray for some of our families, who have been unable to enroll their kids due to financial difficulties. Many people here have lost jobs...and to make it worse the government raised the minimum wage, but rather than that helping folks it has hurt, because businesses are having to let people go rather than pay them the minimum salary. It has even effected us at the school.

I have been staying busy...between being at the school during the day, then in the evenings studying Algebra and Biology (have to be prepared to answer those questions so many of us are doing Pace's as teachers - I chose Algebra I and Biology), doing the Esther Bible study, reading the Choose Art Teacher Manual and student manuals to be prepared for my Art/Conversation classes....I don't have time to get bored!

In addition to being in the Learning Center I will teach the Art Class (which doubles as an English Coversation class) to 3rd, 4th and 5th grades and also teach English Conversation class using English Literature Paces to the 6th grade class.

I am excited about the school year! We have one more week before class begins.

I would like to ask you to pray for the father of one of our students. His name is Joe (the father), he is very sick, has been home from work for 3 weeks, and is having difficulty breathing. This man is typically at work from early in the morning until late at night so for him to be home I know it is serious. Angel, works for this family also, and he confirmed what our student had told me and he said he is very very sick. Patty and I are going to go to the house after school on Monday to see if we can help in any way. This man is from the United Statesand works at the Air Force Base. He smokes and drinks a lot. Please pray for him and for Patty and I when we go to the house to check on him Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will Keep Joe in my prays. Most of all though that God can use you, Patty and this situation to bring him to the Lord!! It is amazing how God uses the worst of times to bring about the best things in our lives and I pray that God will do that for Joe.