Final Days
Today was the last day of school. sortof.....Today was the last day of official school. Next week we will have class for those students who have not completed their year. Hopefully they will be able to finish their Paces during the 2 1/2 weeks of GRACE so that they will pass their grade.
It was hard saying goodbye to my 2nd graders. But also a fun day as we partied this afternoon with a cake, and popcorn, and chips, and cookies, and pepsi and a pinata full of candy! Yep they were a little wound up!
Many of my "special students" from the Learning Center will be at school for the next couple of weeks trying to finish their year, so I didn't have to send them off yet. It isn't so hard say goodbye to the kids because I know I will be here again in January to see them and start over. But sending my 2nd grade students home today was a little emotional....they won't be my 2nd graders next year. They will be 3rd graders in the Learning Center.
We have some kids who want to be coming to school next week. I have a couple of my 2nd graders who haven't finished their year, so they need to come next week ...but then I have students saying to me "Miss can I come to school?" No, you are finished with your year. And they look at you with sad little eyes!
Moises has asked me every day this week if he can come to school next week. It breaks my heart! What kid wants to keep going to school....this is their vacation! Like summer vacation in the U.S., but we have kids that would rather be at school than at home. One boy in the Learning Center today would not work on his Paces because if he finished today that meant he couldn't come to school next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, these precous ones are so fortunate to have someone love them like you do! You are making an impact in their lives!
Post a Comment