Saturday, November 01, 2008

BRRRRR!!!!! It is cold here!!!!! A cold front seems to have blown in Tuesday morning and it has stayed! I have been wearing jackets, long sleeves, and have actually pulled out my couple pairs of socks.

So, yes, we do get cold weather in Honduras. Thankfully it has not been raining, just cold.

Although, cold and no sun do not go well with hanging clothes out to dry. Wonder how people did it back in my mom's day, during the winter? I came home from school yesterday and my clothes and towels were hanging up outside, and they were completely wet. No drying going on there! So I have them hung and draped over things inside my house. Still most are very wet today!

I am enjoying using the towels that I washed and dried while we were staying at Annette's house. Oh my goodness!!!! Take your towles out side, rub hard soap on them, wash them by rubbing them with two rocks...oh yea and some dirty water....then hang them up to dry. They are "clean" but they are hard, like cardboard, and stiff.....I forgot what soft fluffy towels felt like! Oh I am spoiled. At least for a few more days, until my towels are dirty and they will need to be washed on the pila again and hung to dry....if they ever will dry with this cold gray weather!

No comments: