Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last week I went to Tegucigalpa to get my Residency Card. But of course it wasn't ready. Porter went with me to immigration. The first line we got in the lady told me I had to pay some money, we didnt' understand why but didn't question it, so I got into the bank line to pay and get my receipt. After that line we went back to the original window and she said I needed the next window, so we went to the next window and I handed her the receipt from the bank and my temporary residency paperwork. She looked at me, and said something, then to the lady in the window beside her(the lady who had made me pay the money)....the first lady was wrong, I didn't have to pay anything, so back to the bank again to get a refund. We have now wasted about an hour. Finally the only lady who I think knows what is going on in the office checks on my card and "the system is down" so they can't check on my card.

She gave me the main number there and her cell phone number and said to call every couple of days to see if the system is back up and have them check on my card.

So I will get Rosie to start calling next week and see if maybe it will be ready at some time. It will be nice to get it and hopefully I will not have to worry about that part of life for 3 years. That is how long my card is supposed to be good for. You just never know how things will work out here!

No comments: