Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Evil Yellow-Eyed Dog

The family moved away, but the dog has returned. He now lives on the street, and for most of this week has chosen the corner in front of my house as his favorite place to be. I have gone out a couple of mornings to leave and taken my "dog zapper" with me and buzzed him with the high-pitched sound, and he slowly gets up and saunders across the street and lays back down. Perhaps he has a death wish because he generally sits in the middle of the street and doesn't move when cars come down the road. Why he has chosen my corner as his place to hang out is unknown....but I actually find myself felling sorry for him. The other morning I went outside to pull my car out of my fence and there he was sitting in the middle of the road scratching and biting at his mangy self. He must be hungry and thirsty, but somehow all the Honduran dogs living on the street survive.

The other morning I went out and took a couple of pictures of him, but they aren't close enough to really see his "beauty", maybe I will try again, but I will always take the pictures from inside my fence or my car....where I am protected!


No comments: