Hello! Well a lot has gone on since I last wrote. The owner of the house did repair the cistern and we had water again on Saturday. So we moved everyone back into Annette´s house Saturday night.
Sunday we went to church in La Villa, which is a little town about 15 minutes from Comayagua. Peter, who is the youth pastor at our school, it is his dad´s church. And Katherine, a teacher at the school leads the worship there. We got there a little early (I was being a gringo), but I think we were where we were supposed to be! They were having a Bible study time before the church service would begin. When we got there Peter´s mom was talking about opposition from the enemy. Well I think I can relate to that, and what that feels like to be under attack and feeling the opposition from the enemy! I needed to hear the words that Peter´s mom shared, and just knowing that this is to be expected when you are following the vision God has given you. Then during the worship time....let me stop by saying that Katherine has such a gifting from God when she sings, when she leads worship! During worship time I really felt that God told me that I had been focusing on the attacks and had taken my eyes off Him. The devil had succeeded in his plan. I came away with a different attitude, a renewed strength, strengthened faith, and joy ...the main focus of her worship that day was joy and I believe everyone there received a new portion of joy from the Lord! I am so thankful that we went to church there on Sunday!
I felt such assurance that the following day I drove to Seguatapeque! I have never driven through any of the mountains here. The trip from Comayagua to Seguatapeque is very curvy through the mountains. I called Annette to be sure she was alright with me driving her truck there, and called Paula to let her know I wasn´t going to take the bus, but was going to drive and we would meet in town to go to the orphanage. I loved the drive there! I got in the truck, turned on the praise music and had a wonderful experience driving there. Seeing the beauty all around and knowing all that God had already gotten me through and enjoying the beauty of the mountains.
I had a great visit with Paula. I needed to get out of Comayagua, and to visit with a friend from home. A friend who could relate to and understand all the feelings and fear and insecurity I had been going through lately. It was a fun day. Of course I had fun playing with the boys. They read me many books before they took their afternoon rest and then we played pick up sticks when they got up to play.
Tuesday Annette came home!!!!! That was great! I was very excited to see her. So glad to have my friend back in Honduras!
That was Tuesday. And that was also the night that my caps on my front teeth came off. I walked out of my bedroom and said to everyone.... you know you have something that you think I hope this never happens....and then it does and you feel sick...well my thing just happened! My teeth fell off. They would stay on, but were loose. So the following morning we called and got me an appointment with the dentist here (where I went previously to get my wisdom tooth pulled). Before we left to go to the dentist the electricity popped again. We called the electric company and this time we were told that the line going from the house to the pole was not strong enough line to handle all the electricity the house is throwing...with the main house and the apts., with duchas and air conditioners. It was just too much. So the electric company made us a shopping list and we went to the hardware store to buy stronger line and the other items needed, and they came back to the house and got us wired again and we should be good now! Annette has also found some people who are checking the appliances and air conditioners which have quit working to see if there is a shorted out wire or something that can be replaced. At this point she has lost the oven (stove works but not oven), part of the refrigerator - freezer works but fridge does not cool, coffee pot, fan, two air conditioners, and the toaster.
I did get to the dentist Wednesday, she reglued the caps back on with some semi-permanent glue so that I will be good until we can get them replaced. I am thankful for this dentist...thankful that I knew where to go when this crisis hit...there was something good about having the infected wisdom tooth - it made me have a dentist here in Comayagua!
I had another appointment today but when I got there the equipment was not working, so they were rescheduling everyone´s appointments. Also so thankful that one of them is bilingual!
Yesterday we took a trip to Teguc...to get some medicine for Gracie (Annette´s dog) and to get keys made! Yep we drove to Teguc for keys. Annette´s house has this weird key for the front door. They had tried to get copies made in Comayagua when we first moved there and never could get the key to work. This is a guy that Lance found in Teguc before he went to the states. Before Ayshia and Haley arrived I was getting them house keys and keys to their apts made, and after 2 trys for me at the hardware store I gave up on the front door key. Annette even tried in the U.S. before she came back. She took her key to Walmart and got 9 keys made. None of them will work! This guy is in a little shack in a not too good part of Teguc, behind a fruit stand, and he chisels the keys by hand. We got 4 made and they work! We also went out to eat and did a little shopping at the mall, and got some chocolate covered strawberries and pineapple. YUM!
Yesterday before we headed to Teguc Maria came to the house. She will work 2 days a week in the mornings at my house to help me keep things clean and to help with my laundry. I asked her to teach me how to wash on the pila. I did one pillowcase! That is a lot of work! She is very fast. But watching her wash my clothes, I think my clothes will be cleaner than ever before. Although I don´t know that they will last as long...but I will be clean! I am glad that I have her to help me. She speaks no English but is helping teach me some Spanish. Last year she was not very patient with me and my mala Espanol (bad Spanish), but I think she has mellowed. Or she just thinks I am so funny, that she has found some patience with me. She got a good laugh out of me yesterday washing on the pila.
Pray for Maria...for the Lord to bless her. I don´t what her relationship with God is, I pray for her regularly. She puts herself in a lower position than others. I am trying continually to show her that she and I are the same, I am not better than her in any way. One of the teachers at school, Paty, told me that many people treat those who are maids badly. They are treated as if they are less than, and I want that to be broken. I am continually reminded of the verses where Jesus said that when you fed me when I was hungry and you clothed me, and you visited me in prison...when you do these things to least of these you do it to me. That is part of the mission statement of Restored to Serve, which is the ministry I am part of in the U.S., and I see a continuation of that here. I took Maria home last Saturday because it was pouring down rain...and she started to get in the back seat of the truck, she had done this once before when I was taking her somewhere after school, and she knows I won´t allow her to do that. I told her no, to get up front. She did, but she always takes that lower position. I hate it that she thinks she should, or that she thinks she belongs in a lower place than others.
We did find out that the dog that bit me does belong to someone. Well I don´t know if I ever posted here that I saw the correct dog and knew it was him and recognized him by his yellow eyes. We have been keeping an eye on where he is. Last night we saw him laying on the sidewalk outside of a house and two guys were outside. We stopped and asked them if they knew the dog. They knew the people who lived in that house and said it was their dog. We told him that the dog had bitten me. Don´t know if he told the people who live in that house, but the dog was still out running the street this morning. I won´t be doing any walking by my house until something is resolved with the dog. We thought he was just a street dog, but now we know he belongs to someone. I just don´t want him running around on the street!
The neighborhood where I live has guards who patrol the streets. Each guard is assigned certain houses. It costs 500 limperas a month for the day guard and 500 limperas a month for the night guard. I went ahead and paid for both day and night this month. It is nice knowing they are there. They walk through the streets, with their machete at their side. I think they are a deterent to criminals, just as barbed wire is a deterent and not a for sure way to keep someone out. As we saw by te 4 men on the roof of Annette´s house.
Samson is trying to adjust to his knew home. He whines a lot. And comes to the front door and barks and barks and barks into the house. I know he misses Redman! But he will adjust. I will be outside playing with him a lot to help him with the separation from his best friend and papa!
I will try to send some pictures of my house this week. I am all moved in. It is pretty empty and most of what I have is borrowed from somewhere. But I like the house and feel at home there with Samson. Just would like to get rid of the biting dog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment