Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hello again! Things seem to have calmed down a bit in the drama department! Hallelujiah!!!!

We had another teacher come in this week, and another missionary who was here for just a couple of days. It is fun having more people around the house, not being alone, yet it is also a responsibility. Celestino is also staying with us and keeping us entertained as he serves as our "ninja guard"! He helps to keep my mind off the trouble we have had at the house. And having a male and a Honduran presence around the house and in the truck and at my new house is all a good thing for people to see!

Since I last posted I have seen the dog who I am certain is the one which bit me. He is not a pet, but rather a Honduran street dog. Oh JOY! I am more freaked out knowing that he is free to roam the neighborhood, and seems to have decided that he likes the street and the area near my new house to hang out with his other street dogs.

We have received permission from the owners of the apts. across the street from Annette's house to park the truck inside their gate, which is convenient and for the time being prevents me from having to walk to and from my new house and can avoid walking by this dog. But last night there was some complications with the gate and my clicker wasn't working so we parked at the house. It was raining and so that kept most dogs away. But then this morning I needed to walk to the house to get the truck for us all to get to school. I was so nervous. I was shaky and could feel my heart beating. Bonnel had sent me some verses after reading my blog last week and one was especially comforting this morning. It is Isaiah 41:13 so I was saying it as I began walking this morning. I got about a block and a half from Annette's house and seeing some dogs running around people's trash I just couldn't continue on. So I turned around and went back to the house. I was so afraid. It was overwhelming! Everyone decided to walk with me....we carried PVC pipe which I had gotten cut to fit my windows at the new house for curtains, and a rake I had purchased and we set off for my house. We were quite a site I am sure. But we were armed and "dangerous" !!! As we got to my house I saw him and he was coming up another street toward the street we were on. I quickly got us into my gate and to safety. I am pretty freaked...and people here think I am funny when I asked if Comayagua has any sort of Animal Control department! ha ha ha!!!! NO! was the answer! Perhaps we will find a humane way to exterminate the biting dog ...until then I will be walking with my PVC pipe/curtain rods!

Last night after celebrating Noel's birthday at LaCasita and then Baskin Robbins we went to my new house to pray over it. It was a good time of seeing all that God has given to me, the house He has provided for me, and His hand of protection in the recent weeks.

Please continue to pray for the school, and the missionaries who are here, Alysha and Haley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, you have communicated so well what you are going through. The emotions you are feeling are loud and clear. I am thankful you have the presence of the Lord and His Word to cling to and to give you His supernatural peace. I am continuing to praying for you. Love,Carol

Debra McDaniels said...

This is Elaine's neighbor Debbie McDaniels. She sent me the blog information & I have "caught up" on the entries since January. Wow, what a testimony you have of obedience to God's will in your life & the trust you have shown in His protection! God is glorified in you & your work. I pray your fear about the dog will be resolved in God's way. My e-mail address is debbiemcdaniels@gmail.com if you need it for anything.