Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A lot has happened since I last posted....

We moved the refrigerator and stove into the cute blue house...the couple, Rickie and Lucy, arrived in Honduras. The plan was that they would live in this house until they return to the U.S. on May 15, and then I would move in. Well, while we looked and made a decision about the house, we had driven by it at different times of the day and night and it always seemed peaceful. We even stopped and spoke to some of the neighbors and got all good reports. If we didn't know better we would think the owner had bribed everyone on the block to be on their best behavior until the missionaries arrived from San Antonio. They day they flew in, we pulled up to the house and there were 3 drunk men sitting on the sidewalk under the kitchen window singing. Oh great, is this their welcoming committee? It has continued to get worse while they have been there. Men looking in the kitchen window, telling Lucy she is "bonita" (pretty), and now there are drugs involved with some of the people outside. It is a pretty rough block. So we are moving them into an apt. which is right across the street from the new house that Lance and Annette are moving into. These apts. are very nice, pretty new, have closets and cabinets, and they will be very safe! I will continue to be on the lookout for a house to rent, but it won't be needed until sometime in May. So.... until then I will be with Annette and Lance at their new house.

(I would move into the apts. but there is no place for Samson and it is a little high for my price range - but God will provide a place for me and Samson that is safe!)

I was in a training last week for School of Tomorow (the curriculum we use at the school). It was a good experience.

Last Thursday a team come from San Antonio and we had a teacher retreat at a campground about halfway between here and Tegucigalpa. It was all day Friday until Saturday afternoon. It was a great time! A lot of the teachers received ministry and we all received prophetic words from the team who came. I have been hearing much positive feedback from the teachers this week about the retreat.

This week we are getting our classrooms ready for school to begin. The teachers are all being very helpful and giving me ideas of how to set up my classroom. I need their ideas and their experience! We have a great group of teachers here! I spent much of the afternoon with Merlynn and Mary Cruz (who neither speak English) and they were helping me get set up and giving me ideas and tips. We are learning how to communicate as they teach me Spanish words and I teach them English words.

We have moved half of the house (Annette & Lance's house) to their new house...then we had the team come...so now we need to get that finished and get all moved into the new place, plus get Rickie and Lucy moved....and school starts on Monday!

We all need strength and stamina and patience and wisdom about how to get it all accomplished!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I am so sorry about your house. I really believe He has one so much better for you.I saw you at the funeral and was so sorry we didn't get to visit when you were home. Think about you so often. I have tried sending several messages but they were not accepted. Love and prayers, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Steph, I'm so glad that you found out what was really going on around the house before you really got there. God is good to bring this to light. I will keep praying that He will bring you to the right house. Thanks for posting. It's so good to keep up with you and hear all that is going on. I love and miss you...Marjo